Our Quality Charter is based on your safety. The implementation of these preventive measures will allow you to feel safe and at home in your private and fully equipped holiday villa. Enjoy your stay in peace at Marguery Villas!
Thanks to its initial configuration and our recent improvements, the Marguery Villas Resort now offers an accommodation solution that respects the new principles of social distancing and hygiene linked to the Covid 19 epidemic. Marguery Villas has also received the “Travel Safe” certification from the Tourism Authority of Mauritius. Consult the document
We offer individual villas with private swimming pools, thus limiting as much as possible the areas of contact with other people than those with whom you are staying.
For your safety, we have introduced a new Quality Charter based on various health measures. On this page, we will address the following questions:
- What are the conditions of entry to Mauritius?
- What about the health situation in Mauritius?
- What are the local government measures to fight against COVID-19?
- What are the new precautionary measures against COVID-19 put in place by Marguery Villas upon arrival at the Resort?
- How can I enjoy the local flavours from Marguery Villa?
- What about cleaning the villas between arrivals?
- Do I have access to the common areas of the Marguery Villas Mauritius Resort?
- In view of the health season, can I travel as usual in Mauritius?
- Can I cancel my reservation if a health reason prevents me from staying (e.g. I am positive for COVID-19, the borders of my country or Mauritius are closed)?
- What happens if a guest or a hotel staff is suspected of having COVID-19?
What are the conditions of entry into Mauritius?
Very soon measures will be announced by the Government. We hope that the borders will be reopened and that things will return to normal in Mauritius very soon.
To date, to have access to the territory it is necessary :
- Have a negative PCR test for Covid-19, carried out between 5 and 7 days before the date of embarkation
- Have a plane ticket for Mauritius and proof of purchase of a hotel stay for the compulsory fourteen days upon arrival in Mauritius. This purchase must be made on the website: https://www.mymauritius.travel/mauritius-travel-alerts
What about the health situation in Mauritius?
In view of the global scale of this health situation at the beginning of 2020, Mauritius also experienced an initial containment at the same time. Afterwards, we were elected as a “Covid Safe” destination for almost a year.
Since the beginning of 2021, Mauritians have started vaccinating the population and have experienced a second containment period in early 2021. Vaccination is ongoing and a return to normal life is expected in June.
Your Resort Marguery Villas is more than ever ready to welcome you back in the most serene conditions possible. Our individual villas ensure your independence and security. As of March 2021, approximately 70% of the staff are vaccinated.
What are the local government measures to combat COVID-19?
At present, and since the beginning of the pandemic, it is compulsory to wear a mask inside and outside public areas. In a private setting, it is possible to be up to ten people. Restaurants are open under certain conditions, and it is possible to take away food or have it delivered directly to a private villa. Your Marguery Villas concierge service offers to serve you directly in front of your villa, your different meals of the day, to benefit from the delivery of shopping thanks to the list that you will send us. All essential and non-essential shops are open.
What new precautions against COVID-19 have been put in place by Marguery Villas on arrival at the Resort?
Marguery Villas has implemented a strict health protocol to ensure the safety of its guests and has been awarded the “Travel Safe” label by the International Tourism Organisation.A l’entrée du Resort :
- At the entrance to the Resort:
- Wherever possible, payment is made online
- ID is sent by email
- Taking your temperature when entering the resort
- Maintain safe distances between each person
- Gel is available in the villa and in the common areas
- Arrival in your holiday villa
- Check-in is done directly in your villa, without going to the concierge desk
- The concierge is available 7 days a week by phone and or/and on WhatsApp by video call
How can I enjoy the local flavours from Marguery Villa?
- Your meals are delivered to the front door of your private villa
- Make your shopping list and have it delivered to your villa before you arrive
- You can go to the supermarket which is a 5 minute walk from the resort
What about cleaning the villas between arrivals?
- Cleaning standards have been tightened in line with WHO recommendations. Each villa is thoroughly cleaned with gloves after the departure of each guest and left empty at least 24 hours before the arrival of the next guests.
- All our media are laminated and have a QR code allowing you to discover the content from your mobile phone. Therefore, these laminated holders are disinfected before your arrival
- Our Housekeeping service has received specific training in the use of cleaning products, disinfectants and protocols approved by the WHO
- Our Concierge service has received training in the use of barrier measures, hygiene and reinforced precautionary measures
Do I have access to the common areas of the Marguery Villas Mauritius Resort?
- Club house :
- Our club house is open to all, in compliance with safety measures
- You can sit on the terrace, in our lounge/library or on your deckchair by the pool with peace of mind, a minimum distance of 1m is provided
* The communal pool has a chlorine level to guarantee healthy water, maximum 6 people restriction
- After each use, the areas are disinfected
- Beach and pool towels are available in your villa. They are changed every day unless requested by the client
- Sport room :
- Disinfectant gel and wipes are available
- Access to the sports room on reservation, maximum 4 persons are allowed in the room
- After each sports session, disinfection is provided by our housekeeping service
In consideration of the health period, can I travel as usual in Mauritius
Your trip to Mauritius will take place in the best conditions. You will have the opportunity to discover our island in the most authentic way and to enjoy the tourist places back to their natural state. Mauritius has put in place precautionary measures. You are requested to wear a mask in indoor and outdoor public areas and to respect safety distances. Hydro-alcoholic gel is regularly available during your activities, which remain operational:
- SPA services are available by reservation only
- Partner taxi services will collect you directly from the airport with masks, protective gloves and hydro-alcoholic gel
- We advise you to organise your stay before your arrival to be able to book your excursions in advance (some activities offer a specific health protocol with a limited number of participants)
Can I cancel my booking if a health reason prevents me from staying (e.g. I am COVID-19 positive, the borders of my country or Mauritius are closed)?
When you make your reservation, two offers will be proposed to you:
- Flexible offer: If you have booked your stay at Marguery Villas and you wish to cancel it:
- + 8 days or more before arrival: free cancellation
- – 7 days before arrival: 50% penalty
- – 2 days or less before arrival: 100% penalty
- “Semi-flexible offer: 20% discount: If you book your Marguery Villas stay and wish to cancel:
- + more than 30 days before arrival: free cancellation
- – 30 days or less before arrival: 100% penalty
What happens if a guest or hotel staff is suspected of having COVID-19?
If a guest is suspected of having COVID-19, we call the emergency number “COVID-19 HOTLINE” or “COVID HOSPITAL CANDOS”, so that a competent authority can perform a PCR test on the person in question. If a member of staff (all of whom have been vaccinated, by the way) is positive, they will not be allowed access to the resort until they have tested negative.